What if someone hacked my WhatsApp and changed my email?

What if someone hacked my WhatsApp and changed my email?

More
请先 登录 后评论
  • 1 Follow
  • 0 Collect 45 Check
  • User 2023-12-13 19:25:28

1 + Answer

King of kings
擅长:Hacker,AI,Crack

Now please make sure that WhatsApp is updated on your iPhone, Android or Windows device. The WhatsApp messaging platform said that it had fixed a vulnerability that allowed spyware to be installed through missed calls.

According to Facebook, all mobile phone brands with WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business installed will be affected. The number of users affected is unclear, but it may reach dozens. This is a statement made by a WhatsApp spokesperson on the evening of Monday, May 14th, 2019.

Many media, including the Financial Times, TechCrunch and The Times of Israel, believe that spyware is the product of NSO Group, an Israeli network intelligence company engaged in network technology. The company is famous for developing software that can invade smartphones and activate users' microphones and cameras, including collecting location information, sending emails and texts.

Although WhatsApp did not immediately confirm whether NSO was involved in the attack, NSO Group itself did not issue a statement to deny it.

WhatsApp, a subsidiary of Facebook with more than 1.5 billion users, is a very popular cross-platform application for communication between smartphones. On Monday, the company said it discovered malware in early May. A spokesman for the company said that the vulnerability was discovered when the team added some additional security enhancements to voice calls.

WhatsApp engineers found that the target users may receive one or two calls with unknown numbers. Then in the process of calling this spyware, the code is injected, and the hacker takes over your mobile phone.

The target of this hacking attack is all commonly used smartphone operating systems, including Apple iOS, Google Android, Microsoft Windows Phone and Samsung Tizen. WhatsApp said that it has provided information to the US authorities to assist in the investigation. In addition, WhatsApp advises its 1.5 billion users to update their messaging applications as soon as possible.

Although software updates may be annoying, they are also vital to your safety. Just like regular maintenance of a car to ensure its safety on the road, your computer, telephone or other devices connected to the Internet need the same maintenance to ensure the safety of your daily network.

请先 登录 后评论